Friday, March 25, 2011

Welcome!

Hello, everyone! Or anyone. Welcome to my blog, the latest in the hundreds of thousands out there. Thank you for taking the time to check out this little fledgling.

I am starting this blog as I way to practice writing and perhaps get some use out of my expensive English degree, and to get some thoughts down at what I am hoping will be something of a turning point in my life, though admittedly my life as already had several of those, I just haven’t caught onto the whole blogging thing til now. I am at a point in my life where I am in a bit of limbo, not really sure what lies in the future, but I am hoping whatever it is will be fun and interesting, and if it is it will be documented here, on this site. Honestly, I am a bit nervous, as I don’t really have any other plan than to put my thoughts out there and am just hoping I end up with enough things to say to keep you interested and coming back for more.

Though I am a native New Yorker, I am currently posting from Riverside in Southern California, and in a few days I will be doing so from Maastricht, the Netherlands, where I will be living for the next few months, following around a man who I love (I’ll do a post about our slightly bizarre story another time). We’ll do lots of traveling, lots of eating of lots of good food (some of which will hopefully be made by me; I’m into food but am new at cooking, and still working on it), and I at least will be hopefully be doing lots of running, including a marathon in May (my first ever!). So I guess you could say this blog will center around those three things of interest of mine – traveling, eating, and running - and also around my stumbling attempts at creating a life for myself and my newfound best friend and boyfriend. I’ll document our life, its ups and downs and adventures, in Maastricht, and then continue once we’re back in California, when we intend to move to Los Angeles so that I can find a job (another new thing for me: job hunting, that is, and something else I am distinctly nervous about, as I don’t have much of an idea of what I really want to be when I grow up).

So I hope you will join me and see where this blogging thing goes. See you in Maastricht!

No comments:

Post a Comment